Frequently Asked Questions


How can I donate to Purple Hearts Reunited?

There are several different ways you can make a donation.  Read about our different options here >>  

Where can I request replacement medals and documentation?

Replacement medals and documentation can be requested from the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration.  To make a request go to

Do you only return Purple Hearts?

Purple Hearts Reunited will attempt to reunite any type of veteran related property, such as medals, uniforms, jewelry, documentation, etc.

How do you locate lost hearts?

Purple Hearts are rescued from pawn shops, flea markets, antique shops, eBay, Craigslist, estate sales, and private collections. Purple Hearts are also found left over in attics, storage units, and at times in the outdoors. These medals are sent to Purple Hearts Reunited by concerned and caring citizens for safe-keeping and research.

Can you help me find a lost Purple Heart?

Yes, please visit our Lost link on our Homepage to submit your lost heart.

I have found a lost Purple Heart, what should I do?

Send the medal to Purple Hearts Reunited for safe keeping and research.  Our address is Purple Hearts Reunited, 38 North Main Street, Suite 112, St. Albans, Vermont 05478.

How long does it take to find a lost Purple Heart?

Purple Hearts can be reunited in a matter of minutes.  Some, however take up to a year to find the rightful owner depending on the data and historical records on file. Purple Hearts Reunited will continue to update you on the status of the medal’s return.

What if a Veteran or Family cannot be found to reunite the medal?

Purple Hearts Reunited will donate the medal to a place of honor such as a military museum, historical society, town hall, or other like type home of honor.

Is there a database listing Purple Heart Recipients?

No.  Unfortunately the government hasn’t established an encompassing database to track the medals.  The Purple Heart Hall of Honor has a working roster that can be helpful.

How can I help?

Your donations and funding help with reuniting these medals and bringing closure to Veteran’s and their families around the United States.

I have more questions

If you have questions we have not answered, please reach out to us via email at [email protected]