As of April 2015, our organization is supported by a significant grant from the Purple Heart Foundation. This grant supports the programming costs of purchasing/rescuing Purple Heart medals and returning them to veterans or their families.
Purple Hearts Reunited is pleased to have the support of local and national supporters, including:
GOLD STAR (≥$10,000)
- 2015: The John Maxwell Company, Duluth, GA
SILVER STAR (≥$5,000)
- 2015: 14th Star Brewing Company, St. Albans, VT
- 2015: Vermont Wounded Warriors Golf Tournament, Manchester, VT
- 2013: Ceres Foundation Inc., Charleston, SC
2015 RETURN CEREMONY SPONSORS
Note: Any individual or business who would like to make a substantial donation to cover the cost of a medal return should make direct contact with [email protected] or [email protected] Generally, sponsorship coverage of a return ceremony or memorial requires a donation of $500.00.
- Antonio & Rita Pomerleau Foundation: Sponsored the return of medals for CPL Bruce D. Merritt (20 March 2015) and CPL Ralph G. Fisher (21 March 2015)
- Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association of Vermont (Chapter 26-1): Sponsored the Memorial Ride and Purple Heart Return honoring PFC Bruce Baker (25 July 2015)
- Dynapower Corporation: Partially sponsored the return of a Purple Heart to the family of PFC Paul Pike (21 May 2015)
- Haley-Nichols Fund: Sponsored the return of medals for CPL Raymond E. Paradowski (16 Jan 2015)
- Mabee Family Foundation: Sponsored the presentation of a Bronze Star to PFC Bruce Klein (16 Jan 2015) and the return of a Purple Heart to 1LT Benedict Francis Hoffman (16 Dec 2015)
- Military Order of the Purple Heart, Colorado Dept.: Sponsored the medal return of CPL Richmond Litman (29 Mar 2015)
- NBT Bank: Sponsored the memorial hike and return of a Purple Heart to the family of PFC Cedric Laraway (30 May 2015)
- Orleans NY Chapter of Daughters of the American Revolution: Sponsored the medal return of 1LT John M. Dunne (11 Nov 2015)
- Semper Fi Parents of Hudson Valley: Sponsored the return of a Purple Heart to the family of PVT Daniel Quinlan (22 May 2015)
- Tenasone Investments: Partially sponsored the return of a Purple Heart to the family of PFC Paul Pike (21 May 2015)
- Terrell, TX Chamber of Commerce: Partially sponsored the museum donation of a lost Purple Heart for PFC Billy J. Christian (13 March 2015)
- Unified Turbines: Sponsored the return of medals for LTC Louis H. Cotton (18 Jan 2015)
Note: Our participation in the 2015 American Veterans Center Memorial Day Parade in Washington, DC was generously sponsored by 14th Star Brewing, Merchants Bank, and Perrywinkle’s Fine Jewelry. Read more about the event here.
2014 RETURN CEREMONY SPONSORS
- AirPower Foundation: Sponsored the return of medals for Carter D. Stephens (20 Dec 2014)
- Merchants Bank of Vermont: Sponsored the return of medals for Thomas McGraw (4 Nov 14) and John Mackanos (11 Nov 2014)
- Mylan Labs: Sponsored the return of medals for Harley Kempter (6 Nov 2014)
- Pizzagalli Racing Engines: Sponsored the return of medals for Roy Christianson (9 Nov 2014)
- American Airlines: Donated round-trip airfare vouchers to help reduce PHR’s travel expenditures.
- Ancestry.com: Provides PHR with free membership to access genealogy search platforms.
- Best Western: Donated travel gift cards to help reduce PHR’s lodging expenditures.
- Council for the Advancement of Forensic Genealogy: Helps research lost Purple Hearts.
- Fold3 by Ancestry.com: Provides PHR with free membership to access searchable historical military records.
- Garvey Communication Associates Inc: Donated their services to create our Purple Hearts Reunited brochure.
- JetBlue: Donated round-trip airfare vouchers to help reduce PHR’s travel expenditures.
- Newspapers.com: Provides PHR with free membership to access newspaper databases.
- Perrywinkle’s Fine Jewelry: Engraves Purple Heart medals.
- Phillips 66 Veterans Network: Donates gas cards to help Purple Hearts Reunited’s travel expenses.
- Union Street Media: Donates the design, hosting, and support of this website.
- Vermont Trophy & Engraving: Provides custom engraving of Purple Heart medals and plaques.
- Village Frame Shoppe and Gallery: Donates framing of veterans’ medals that are presented to the veteran or their families.
- The Whimsical Pig: Donates framing of veterans’ medals that are presented to the veteran or their families.
ADDITIONAL SUPPORTERS / COLLABORATORS
- 14th Star Brewing Co: A combat veteran-owned brewery in St. Albans, VT, 14th Star donates a proceed of the sales of their “Valor Ale” and Potlicker Kitchen‘s “Valor Jelly” to Purple Hearts Reunited, as well as hosting fundraisers on our behalf.
- Farrell Distributing: This Vermont beverage distributor has a strong commitment to giving back to the community, and has hosted a number of regional fundraisers to benefit Purple Hearts Reunited and raise awareness about our mission.
- The Military Order of the Purple Heart: Supporting wounded veterans since 1958. Purple Hearts Reunited is promoted by the MOPH as their ‘Medal Recovery Program.’
- The National Purple Heart Hall of Honor: The mission of the Hall of Honor is to collect and preserve the stories of Purple Heart recipients from all branches of service and across generations to ensure that all recipients are represented.
- Vermont Wounded Warriors Golf Tournament: A portion of the proceeds from this annual fundraiser in September, hosted by the Manchester Country Club, benefit Purple Hearts Reunited.
Sponsors help with not only monetary assistance, but help with spreading the word about our mission. If you are interested in sponsoring Purple Hearts Reunited in any way, please contact us.